b6 audi a4 1.9 Tdi...

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

adamss24
UKPassat's Possie

b6 audi a4 1.9 Tdi...

Post by adamss24 »

Bought the above audi a4 from Sean aka bigginge a few weeks ago with a blown engine, basically the engine hydro locked whilst driving trough a deep puddle and a rod got bent. Sure enough it let go with a bang and went trough the side of the block damaging the engine in the process ! Got the car for a steal and proceeded to strip it and kept an eye on a spare engine. Found a used-good condition block- from a friend and proceeded to fix. I kept the head as it was in good nick and had no damage whatsoever, used a thicker head gasket and ARL PD150 head bolts. I used the GT1749VA turbo on another 2.0Tdi audi a4 which had a faulty oil pump/balance shaft and used the bv43 turbo i had on my spare VE tdi engine... When i took off the engine today i found that the flywheel was missing a few teeth so had no choice but to use my Southbend clutch i was keeping for a special project ! Got the engine running late in the afternoon- slight rattle from the SM Flywheel but no excessive noise ! Here are a few pictures...
Last edited by adamss24 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong picture inserted...

This topic has 118 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login