Project GTi>VR6 - TRACK DAY TOY...

We dont just cater for passats here , add any help re. any other car and show off your rides!........

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

wingz123
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5 110 TDi

Project GTi>VR6 - TRACK DAY TOY...

Post by wingz123 »

Morning all,

You may remember my thread > viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56370

Well after joining a series of 944 forums to do a little more research on this the general consensus was that I won an absolute lemon on EBay. With that said, I approached the guy and paid him the listings fees and any costs incurred and he was happy to relist.

So...

What Next I hear you ask!?!

Well......I want to do track days with my friends - not hardcore in the sense that I weld in a roll cage etc. but I'll probably strip the car to save on weight...

I have another car which I am due to pick up............and it is................................................................................................................................................................................................A Mk3 R reg Golf GTi 5 door........!!!!!

And then I went and bought this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-golf-vr6-e ... true&rt=nc

So you know what my question is going to be all...............Anyone out there who can fit this for me please?

PM if you are that someone who can please and give me a ball park figure as to how much this would cost and also how long it would take...

My plan is to get this ready for end of Jan/Early Feb when I will do a track-day at Donnington which is about 20-30 minutes from me down the motorway...

This is going to be a project thread so standby and watch as this little motor transforms itself!

Aim - to get between 300-350bhp out of it
Possibly turn it into 4wd but hear that could be quite costly so that's undecided yet!

Thanks,
UPDATE!! -I now have access to over 90 vans direct from one of the leading leasing companies - Just ask! - Relays,Sprinters,Caddy's,Transits etc.

This topic has 31 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login