a week in essex and 3 details

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pride & performance
B1

a week in essex and 3 details

Post by pride & performance »

Thanks to Paul who found me on http://www.seriesoneturbo.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and called to arrange for me to go down and detail his farthers brand new KIA sportage which was only a month old when i went down but after not being happy with the way it came from the main dealer and then sending it back to them to rectify, the finish was still not up to scratch so they decided to call me in,

i set off on the sunday from preston and promptly got stuck in traffic on the M6, once i got through this guess what, yep i hit traffic on the M1 then i parked on the country's biggest car park the M25 :(

so after a long tiring drive to Essex i arrived at around 11pm, so i got some sleep and set off to Paul's in the morning, which was surprisingly close to were i was staying,

after a quick chat with Paul's father he pointed out the defects on sportage,

here is the car before i started,

you can't see the defects very well due to the sun never being in the right place for the camera to pick them up :( but there was a great deal of swirls and it had hologrammes all over it,

i started by pre washing the door jams and under arches with auto glym power max 2,

then i snow foamed the car using valet pro ph neutral snow foam,

i left this to soak for 10 min,

whilst this was soaking i got on with the wheels,

these were cleaned using valet pro bilbery and a selection of brushes,

once the car was rinsed off i washed the car using a 2BM and dodo juice sour power,

i then dried the car using dodo juice supernatural drying cloth.

no i could see the defects much clearer,

it was still very difficult to pick them up on camera though,

so after looking into what i was dealing with i clayed the car using dodo juice supernatural clay and dodo born slippy clay lube,

this didn't take much contaminates off as you would expect on a month old car,

once this was compleated i washed the car down again then dried one final time,

I then taped a test section out on the bonnet and had a play with some pad and polish combo's

i decided on a menzerna polishing pad and menzerna intensive polish followed by lime prime on a yellow 3M polishing pad with a menzerna cutting pad and menzerna power gloss used on some of the deeper scratches,

once all the polishing was finished i waxed the car using dodo juice blue velvet hard wax, protected the wheels with collignite 476s and dressed and protected all the plastics using chemical guys liquid oil extreme shine dressing,

i was asked not to dress the tyres,

the engine was cleaned using auto glym power max 2 and then dressed and protected with chemical guys bare bones,

the interior was vacuumed out them the leather was cleaned and conditioned using gliptone cleaner and conditioner,

and the finished article,

sorry the pics are not the best the sun was dwindling a little,

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login