S1 rst correction detail

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pride & performance
B1

S1 rst correction detail

Post by pride & performance »

i didn't get any pics before the car was washed as it was raining,

it was pre washed with autoglym powermax 2 tfr, washed with 2 Bucket Method using duragloss 901 and the wheels cleaned using valet pro bilberry

here are a couple of pics of the paint before i started correction

as you can see the paint was very very swirled and was like this all over the car,

there was also very bad orange peel effect on the bonnet,

so the car was masked up and a couple of test areas masked out.

a couple of 50/50's

the paint on this car was unreal on how hard it was, the bonnet was wet sanded with 1200's in the end as my 2000 and 4000 merka disks just didn't make a mark,

it was polished by rotary with meguirs #83 on a green 3M cutting pad and refined with #80 on a yellow 3M polishing pad but after this i still wasn't happy with the finish so i went round again with a 3m cutting pad and fast cut plus

which left the car like this

pretty caked in dust.

i refined the finish with megs #80 on a 3M polishing pad then cleaned the paint with dodo juice lime prime.

i then asked mr C a strange question, "smell my waxes" i got told this is a very scientific way to chose your LSP

He seemed to like the smell of the DoDo juice waxes, :D

we decided on DoDo juice diamond white as that is what colour the paint is it's self

so a nice coat of DoDo juice diamond white applied to the paint and collinite 476s on the wheels,

the tyres were dressed with duragloss rain repel rubber dressing and the windows cleaned outside with duragloss rain repel glass cleaner and the insides with valet pro citrus bling.

all seals and rubbers were dressed with a top secret product (even i don't know what it is) but it was a really really good product.

then fineally about 4 days after i started and about 2am in the morning i finished :D

a few finished shots not to many and not the best quility but it was silly o'clock in the morning,

i'm sure a quick trip out will sort those brakes as i know he drives the car as it should be drove

thanks Nic

http://www.prideandperformance.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
professional valeting and detailing in preston lancashire and nationwide