So I thought I'd have a little polish...

How to get that better-than-new shine - show us your efforts and discuss techniques. Sponsored by BCP Car Detailing BCP Car Detailing

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

wingz123
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5 110 TDi

So I thought I'd have a little polish...

Post by wingz123 »

I thought I'd whip out the polishng machine Crazy4Alfa kindly leant me....

I only did the drivers-side wing as I was just having a play but there was all sorts of cracking on the surface that looked like it had had a bit of paint but not been properly finished/machine polished after it was done......

You can see the side of the bumper how the wing was before I started polishing it (haven't done the bumper yet so hoping this will come up like this too)

About 20 minutes on the wing and it had it looking great!! :mrgreen: I just need to go over the whole car now!! I slapped a good layer of AutoGlym Super Resin Polish on top and I think the results are great! Needs a couple more coats to really add some depth but yes impressed with my work. As mentioned, it didn't take me all that long really...never done machine polishing before either

Have I burnt the paint here?

Then some after pictures...

UPDATE!! -I now have access to over 90 vans direct from one of the leading leasing companies - Just ask! - Relays,Sprinters,Caddy's,Transits etc.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login