Replacing my 190 SCR with a BiTDi

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

JCB
still on the production line
Passat model: B8 GT BiTDi

Replacing my 190 SCR with a BiTDi

Post by JCB »

Long time no type :)

I bought my R-Line 190 SCR estate back in 2016, it's been a great car overall but not without its faults. The 6-speed DSG gearbox shifts gears continuously at around 30mph as soon as the temperature approaches freezing and the media unit plays up occasionally, but other than that its a fabulous car.

In July of this year it developed a simultaneous coolant and oil leak so went in to my local VW dealer and had some warranty work done to replace the water pump and crank oil seal. A month later the engine fell out - they hadn't refitted the engine mount correctly and the bolts sheared. A bit of a brown trouser moment :-o

To cut a long story short the car was repaired but I'm still not satisfied with it so they are replacing it with another of similar age and mileage. Due to VW telling me the gearbox fault is a "design characteristic" I have refused a replacement with the same 6-speed DSG gearbox. Unfortunately that means they've had to source me one with a 7-speed DSG gearbox, in the shape of a GT BiTDI 4MOTION estate :D

I haven't seen the car yet - I know it's a 64 plate so a very early B8 and its white, but thats about it. Once it's arrived at the dealer I'll go and check it over before they spend any money servicing and generally tidying it up, any advice on things to look for on the BiTDi? They're going to replace the cambelt and give it a full service and 12 month das welt auto warranty so I'm not overly concerned, apart from maybe some extras I'll lose from going from R-Line to GT trim. Is there a list of the GT BiTDi standard spec somewhere online as I haven't been able to find it so far?

I'll post some pics when I get her, probably early in the new year B-)

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login