Anyone else fitted a pedal box?

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Percy247
B1
Passat model: B8

Anyone else fitted a pedal box?

Post by Percy247 »

Just fitted a DTE pedal box and my initial impressions are very positive.

Bought our manual 2.0 TDI 150 GT in 2018 and found the throttle and power delivery a bit lazy. I had the car remapped last year with the aim of improving driveability. This improved things but the lethargic throttle response remained. Altering the drive mode selector made no difference, so I did some research on pedal boxes before biting the bullet.

Fitted it today in 5 minutes. This involved pulling out the cubby to the right of the steering wheel to access the throttle connector cable. Then just a case of unclipping it and clipping in the two connectors attached to the pedal box.Two minutes later it was calibrated and all set up.

What can I say other than the benefits were far more noticeable than a remap. Throttle pedal lag has almost completely disappeared and driveability is much improved. No jerkiness and the car finally drives and responds like a car should.

What is clear is that VW sets up the throttle pedal to be very docile and unresponsive, presumably with economy in mind.

So far I have only tried city and sport modes but I will probably give sport plus a miss as there is talk of it being too aggressive!

Has anyone else fitted a pedal box and if so how have you got on?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login