Uprated Clutches

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

88rsr
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B5.5 TDI Saloon

Uprated Clutches

Post by 88rsr »

The clutch on my car is seriously on its last legs now so I NEED to get it sorted soon.
Problem being I dont just want standard and I'm struggling to find what I want.
Its not so much just a clutch, Ive found a few, but ones with a solid flywheel (or even uprated/stronger DMF if there is such a thing) to fit the AVF 6 speed?

I can get a standard Valeo Solid flywheel conversion which has the exact same crank mounting points and clutch mounting points etc as an LUK DMF but I cant fit any of the so called uprated clutches I've found (well I could) but they are all designed to go with a DMF so use a solid friction plate instead of a sprung one... I cant imagine the take up of drive is going to be very good if I tried that.

Problem seems to be is that the AVF in the A4 and Passat isnt really what most people tend to "tune" so theres not really the market like with a Golf/Leon/A3 anything else running a PD130 transversely mounted.

I've emailed Sachs Performance and asked if they do a Flywheel to compliment the clutch kit they offer to which they responded by telling me the prices for said clutch :roll:

I even compared a DMF from a 3.0TDI A4 (obviously runs a lot more power and torque standard) to the Standard Passat one and its so close, the dimensions etc are spot on, teeth on the starter ring etc, but the A4 one has 8 bolt holes where it mounts to the crank (the Passat has 6) and it also has a small bearing in the centre which the Passat one doesnt have.

:((
Help....
Ricky

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login