A day with adams24...

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

dointhis
B6
Passat model: B5.5

A day with adams24...

Post by dointhis »

Just thought id share with you my experience yesterday, got my cambelt water pump and all belts done by adams24.

First off what a down to earth nice guy had a proper good chat with this guy and his friends, i turned up about 10/11am to him tinkering with that a6 300bhp beast with two another guys working on his audi a4 who was changing his snub mount bush.(kinda looked like a mini vag meet :wink: )
Nice guys who made welcome straight off and chris didnt mind me battering him with questions about everything vag while he was working one of his motors.
Soon enough he finished putting his new rear disc's on the 300bhp beast and turned his attention to my motor,
well within what felt like seconds he had the bumper off then front end off
Immediately pointed out that my alternator was loose (wtf :-o ) tightened it up to check it wasnt treaded, it wasnt!
great! then he just tore into doing my cambelt with the same ease it would take me to change a bulb!
This geezer is an animal when it comes to vags!!!
Once again within a minute pointed out that my cambelt was a tooth off and my tensioner was also positioned wrong (oh dear!)
Well within what felt like another minute all was off the car, ready to receive the new bits!
He had go and get the belts, pump and fluid out of one of his other cars so said to me to jump in with him in his black a4 avant that was tinkered with a bit (pulled like a train)and we flew round and got the belts and then and he brought me and the other lads a cuppa coffee! What a gentlemen!!
Got back to the car and he tore into it again, changed the water pump/tensioner lined up the belts all while it was hooked up to vcds
Put it all back together filled it up with fresh pink fluid and the car sounded a lot smoother but i was told by chris to "just wait i have to fine tune it" oh yh i said....lovely!! :ymapplause:
got it down to 0.06 and the car sounded healthy and smooth!!
He then done a full system scan and and carried on putting my front end back on but not before his friend gave me a upgraded snub mount bush for my car for free as mine was shot (at this point im really starting to like these guys! lol)
He put the front end back on and took it for a test drive and come back and informed me that my car was "to quick for a 130 , its been mapped!" thats a bitter sweet in its self but thats a topic for another day. anyway
Long story short done the job and my car was sounding a lot better smoother more mpg and quicker!!

Would recommend Adams24 it anyone (infact i have) he done this job with such ease and speed and imo went above and beyond the call of duty fine tuning it with vcds and on top of that he brought me a cuppa and done it for a very good price and has saved me a lot of money!
Big thank you! :ymapplause: :D

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login