Anyone had this before...?

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

wingz123
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5 110 TDi

Anyone had this before...?

Post by wingz123 »

So I pull up to view this Frontera this evening which has been parked up for the best part of a year. 3 weeks ago the guy jump started it off a Merc Sprinter and got it going. Tonight after 5 minutes of being hooked up to a 1.8 Zafira it fired into life. Admitedly the jump leads tonight were a load of cack and those stupid thin ones you buy from a petrol station but nonetheless it fired into life.

Now here is the question...

Had to get fuel and on those you have to unlock the flap AT the flap so I had to turn off and key out. I knew it would be dead when i returned and lo and behold it was...

So he moved his car to jump start me and hooked it up as before but it just would not start. We revved the zafira for about 10 mins, let it idle for 15 et.etc. But it refused to take any charge and failed to start...

So...having driven it from pick up house to petrol station (3 miles) just completey knackered the battery to the point where it is completley frazzled and had it? Or has something happened?? As the frontera only clicks where it obviously isnt getting enough power...

Thoughts please...had to leave the frontera on a Shell forecourt for the night...

Thanks
Sent using my Apple iPad
UPDATE!! -I now have access to over 90 vans direct from one of the leading leasing companies - Just ask! - Relays,Sprinters,Caddy's,Transits etc.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login