Insurance renewal nightmare :(

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mrvillicus
B5
Passat model: B5.5 AWX PD130

Insurance renewal nightmare :(

Post by mrvillicus »

Ok here goes:-

Im 29 and I passed my test Aug 2011 after riding bikes since 17. I have a passat 04 tdi estate and currently pay just over £1000 for TPFT insurance with 2 years NCB. Last year like a plank I reversed into a ladies 13 plate Ibiza and caused literally a tiny scratch and a cracked bumper reflector, Quinn settled the claim for £1400.

I've just had my renewal offer through at a mind boggling £3009, which is obviously a flaming joke. Ive tried the comparison sites and the cheapest I can get is around £1300 for TPFT with my mother in law as a named driver.

Do I have any other options? can I drastically lower the value of the car? to be honest if I needed to claim at any point I wouldnt, it would not be worth the impact on my future policies the cars only worth £1200 odd. Im aware I need to be covered incase I hit someone else etc but im soon going to be in a position where I simply cannot afford this renewal offer :(

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login