A Few Questions

The place for all your non-technical motoring related chat, rants and banter.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

anotheruser

A Few Questions

Post by anotheruser »

So this is it then. I have formulated a few questions for Passat owners.
I've driven Fords all my life (apart from about a year when I had a 1967 Beetle). I know some of these questions won't apply to all Passats but it would still be good to know.

How do you get on with the electronic handbrake?
I'm always used to manual so it'll be a whole new thing for me. Seems a little complicated (IE: having to keep your foot on the brake) to operate.

Near the boot release (on the saloon), there was another button I saw - what is this for?

Does the computer have instant MPG?

Do the indicators have the three-light-flash when moving the stick (so you're not putting the indicator on indefinitely)?

Where is the AUX input?

I've noticed some 58 plate passats have different buttons on the steering wheel. Some are simple circles, others are like this. Is it just what features are in the vehicle or was the 58 plate the year they changed the wheel, so some have one style, others have another?

Do you have to wait for the coil spring to go out before starting? My 06 Fiesta doesn't have one - didn't know if this was an older-diesel engine sort of thing.

If mine comes with DRL, can I turn them off permanently?

Does the CD player accept MP3 cds? (IE: a CD I have made with a whole load of MP3 files on it.)

I heard the 1.9 engine is better than the 2.0? Correct?

Near the speedo, there's a button of a little spanner - what's this for?

I may have more, but that's it for now.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login