Anyone got Air Ride

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dubber36
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T6 Caravelle

Anyone got Air Ride

Post by dubber36 »

Iv'e been debating whether to lower my car for absolutely ages.

I know it needs it for a looks point of view, and that was emphasised parked next to so many lowered Passats at Ultimate Dubs, but I really do need the ground clearance, and even a modest 30-40mm drop is would be too low for me.

I know that some of you die hard dubbers will say that you can never go low enough, and that you have to suffer for the sake of style, but believe me, if all I had to cope with was speed bumps then it would not be an issue. Some of the farm and forestry tracks that I end up going down have to be seen to be believed for you city dwellers.

I figured that air ride would be the answer. Coilies would be cheaper, but I dont care what anyone says, they do ruin the ride, and who ever bothers to adjust them?

Has anyone had experience with air ride. Is it reliable for hard daily use, and is it as comfortable as people claim? It's all very well reading reviews and magazine articles, but you cant beat talking to people who have done it for real, and will give an unbiased opinion.

What do you lot reckon?
2004 V6 TDI gone and replaced with a 2011 TDI Sport DSG which has gone too.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login