sell or not to sell my B6 2.0 tdi?

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

zippy_turbo
B1
Passat model: B6

sell or not to sell my B6 2.0 tdi?

Post by zippy_turbo »

hi guys,

it is a difficult one for me.

i have only had my red B6 estate 2.0 tdi se bkp 140 bhp for over a year or nearly 2 i think but i have spent money time and effort on this car and i am thinking do i call my losses or do i run it to the ground.

now yesterday, my car is 99% fault free, as i just need to replace the front passanger side abs speed sensor which is a quick fix and recharge of the aircon and thats all.

upto now, my car has done 165,442 miles and still using as a daily user.

i purchased the car around 158k miles, as i got it a really good price. since then its the usual wear and tear.

so far i have done this to the car...

changed the camblet with tensors
water pump
oil filter
fuel filter
air filter
pollen filter
coolant
oil - all after 158k miles

to pass my mot this year in late june

i have changed the

front drivers side complete suspension, lower arm
front led side lights
front passanger side wheel bearing
front brakes
rear passanger coil spring.

few days passing my M.O.T, my lower coolant pipe burst, so thats replaced.

yesterday i had this done...

crank position sensor
fuel temperature sensor rewired as these are very thin and can break.
vacuum pump seal replaced
turbocharger cleaned using waynns turbo cleaner.

once again upto now, my car has done 165,442 miles and still using as a daily user. i drive another vehicle for work, so i do not drive much, just dropping kids to school and shopping or the odd dropping my sister to work and thats all!

i am thinking, i have fixed the car, it runs brilliant, but i am sick of tired of hearing problems about these 2.0 tdi engines messing up.

do i keep the car and run it to the ground or sell it?

i am not sure what a high mileage car is worth. i was thinking of down grading to a golf or passat estate with the 1.9 tdi pd 130bhp 6 speed gearbox. im not sure, what do you guys think?

thanx

zahid
B6 2007 2.0 TDI 14O PS

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login