The DUBSCENE - Whats your views on it right now

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

petes passion passat
Too much time on your hands

The DUBSCENE - Whats your views on it right now

Post by petes passion passat »

Right, this thread could be a lil controversal but hey, cant be swept under the carpet lol. Iv only actually been involved in the dubscene myself in the 3 years Iv owned this passat. I know that makes me a baby compared to some people who have been dubbing when i was cuddling a cabbage patch kit lol. I would say im quite involved in the dubscene quite a bit (through modding this ssat as hard as i have and mroe recently starting my own london-based forum/club with a monthly meet). However........and its a fat however lol...

.....sometimes I worry about the scene. It is farrrrrr to clichy in my opinion for one and the entire scene seems to rotate around the same 20 cars (that i can predict have already won editon38 09 lol). I have thoroughly enjoyed UKPASSATS since i first found it 2 and a half years ago online by chance. The atmosphere is brilliant, theres always helpful advice and there are some incredible cars on here spitting fresh ideas. In my opinion this is easily the best VW forum about! WHY CANT ALL DUB CLUBS/FORUMS BE LIKE THIS??? UKP has been my first forum ever and my most devoted. I thought the whole scene would echo how things are here on UKP but as i got more involved in the scene i learnt it was the opposite. prehaps things are a bit better here (for example forum ettiquette) as well generally are a bit older on here (as apose to polo clubs lol). Maybe theres another reason or a whole culmintation of reasons. Im sure that Ant has had a huge influence on making this forum as puckka as it is! We deffo need more forums like this as overall it will help the scene.

Has anyone else noticed also that alot of people are trying to chase that 'superstar' status and have maybe lost the pure dubbing qualities in themselves??? I do think that being featured would be fun, but i dont think its the be all and end all. For me, the best thing about dubbing is the amount of friends I have made along the way. Where else would you find a londoner (me) and a mancunian (ant) actually get along lol.
http://www.AUTOBAHN25.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This topic has 81 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login