Close call !!!!

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

turborat
B1

Close call !!!!

Post by turborat »

Had a call from my brother yesterday who is looking to get a Passat. He said he has found a garage willing to take his '03 mini cooper in px plus a little cash for an '03 TDI 130 SE estate with 65k on the clock.

He and my dad went to look at it today and could find no fault except there was no copy of the service book (suspicions) to confirm history.

Saw them tonight and he was going to tell the garage he wanted it. I said before you call them run a HPI check on the car. Well, good job he did!

When the report came back it said check milleage details entered as there is possibly some problems. It showed the car's milleage was clocked back at 120k to 65k then clocked back again when it reached 120k (again!!!) to 65K!!!!!!

Just shows how worth while these kind of checks are even if just for peace of mind.

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login