passat seized by police at roadside yesterday

Post all your non car related and general chat in here for us all to have a laugh about !- Topics will be moderated if out of hand/offensive !....

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Lee
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6 SEL 170

passat seized by police at roadside yesterday

Post by Lee »

anpr motorway police car pulled me over on M56 after J6 westbound at 1800h on way home from work because I flashed up as uninsured. Seems my insurance didn't auto-renew 2 months ago - I should have called them, I know this from looking at the renewal letter after finally getting home. Previous ones have always autorenewed, but I've always paid monthly where last year I paid up front. Not spoken to the insurer (non-insurer?!) yet... if they say it was an error that I wasn't on the MID (motor insurance database) that would stop my points but supposedly I could also claim for the towing costs from them. with it being my fault obviously I wouldn't be interested in that. I wonder if they can or will help?!

Otherwise the long and short of it is I'll need to buy insurance today with "uninsured veh seized" noted on the prev convictions, get all my docs together - mot, cert of insurance, original bill of sale, v5 logbook, driving license both parts and go to chester police station and give in my paper licence to get 6 points put on and pay the £200 fine.

After they stamp the form at chester police station I take all my docs to the car pound at Lymm services and pay them recovery plus daily storage to get it back.

Can anyone here help me out?!

This topic has 32 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login