USB connector in glovebox

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

giddy1
Passat model: Exective estate

USB connector in glovebox

Post by giddy1 »

I have a 2014 Passat Estate Executive and it has a USB connector in the glovebox. Having bought an iPod specifically for playing music in the car, I find that, when plugging the iPod into the connector it is not recognised; a message appears on the iPod saying that it is an incompatible accessory; on the cars radio when the 'Media' tab is pressed, a message appears saying there is no media connected.

I have copied all my music onto a memory stick and when I connect it to the USB connector all my music is displayed correctly and everything works fine.

I had to return the car to the dealer for a service adjustment and asked them to check the USB connector, which they did and stated that evrything was working properly. I have also contacted Apple support and they have suggested various options but unfortunately they do not work either.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as it is looking more and more likely that I have wasted my money on an iPod.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login