RNS510 speaker upgrade gone wrong

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mattdaveycc
Passat model: Cc

RNS510 speaker upgrade gone wrong

Post by Mattdaveycc »

Hi all, looking for advice/information regarding the speaker upgrade i did on saturday.
I have a rns510 factory fitted in my 2009 passat cc gt but chose to upgrade the front woofers + tweeters with a jbl GTO65080 component kit with crossovers, i also bought the adapters to fit the speakers into the doors nice and snug + sound deadened the doors while i was at it.

PROBLEM - it sounds worse :mad:

The performance from the tweeters is fine but the woofers in the doors are sounding terrible.

The factory plug which went into the the woofer had 4 wires, i presume 2 main drives & 2 for the factory tweeter so i spliced the 2 that didn't go to the tweeter and put them in the input on the crossover then obviously installed my jbl tweeter and wired that to the tw on the crossover & same with the jbl woofer into wf on the crossover.

Ive read up about speaker monitoring via vcds and other things, i just wanted to see if ive wired it up correctly

Sorry its a tad long winded just wanted to give someone as much information as i possibly can.

If anyone can shed some light it would be much apprectiated or even point me in a direction. :esm

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login