B6 Passat and Pioneer AVH-X3700DAB

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

FiveFiveCharlie
B1

B6 Passat and Pioneer AVH-X3700DAB

Post by FiveFiveCharlie »

Decided a year of 5 Live, Talk Sport and the small handful of CD's I had was enough so upgraded my RCD 300 for something a bit jazzy. Spent ages deciding and ended up with the Pioneer X3700DAB.

Seems like a good headunit and generally works fine, but having a few teething issues. Hoping someone might be able to straighten them out.

- I've totally lost AM/MW reception and FM is a bit patchy.

This is the FAKRA adaptor I installed http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261176044137? ... EBIDX%3AIT CT27AA25

- When connected via Bluetooth to my Android handset (Xperia Z3 Compact), it displays the track name of whatever track starts playing, but then doesn't change as the tracks change. So it stays displaying the first track until I perform some action which makes it refresh, such as switch to CD then back to Bluetooth Audio. Annoyingly, it works perfectly with an iPhone.

I've updated the head unit's firmware to the latest version, but that didn't solve it.

As for wired connection and using the likes of AppRadio/Mirrorlink... I'm not even gonna bother. Seems like a total minefield since Android Lollipop updated.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login