Passat CC 2010 replace RNS315 with?

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DuFFmAN
B1

Passat CC 2010 replace RNS315 with?

Post by DuFFmAN »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Passat CC GT and absolutely love it. However, since owning it, I have found 1 major drawback. The sat nav only accepts 5 digit postcodes which is a nightmare in my line of work (I visit many businesses where their are no street names).

I know new rns315 have 7 digit postcodes but I fancy exploring aftermarket systems such as the kenwood DNX525DAB. This one I understand has the works including dab and Bluetooth streaming. I am also looking to eventually upgrade the speakers with this headunit is likely to comply with.

Unfortunately, I don't want to loose the steering wheel controls and importantly, the Bluetooth controls on the MFD screen. I understand the Kenwood system is compatible with the SWC but I read it has a separate microphone using a parrot system.

Does anyone know if the Kenwood can be installed using the original Bluetooth system (including the MFD) and basically keep it OEM? I also hear some pioneer units can be fitted but would this not have the same issue?

I've been looking everywhere for answers but it doesn't seem to be much of an issue for most.

Thanks.
Passat CC TDI GT DSG 170 [metallic silver leaf] ;)

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login