RNS315 - Address Entry - or Upgrade

Have a big install or a question about your stereo put it in here .

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Ben Kenobi
B2
Passat model: B6 & B7 Est

RNS315 - Address Entry - or Upgrade

Post by Ben Kenobi »

We have a 3 year old Passat with an RNS315, I have no issues but the other half bitches about not being able to enter a 'house number' when using postcode entry - something I hadn't even seen but I rarely use sat nav in the UK. I tried it and she's right - if I enter the 7 digit postcode there is no option to enter the house number (software / maps are V9 - last year basically), the sat nav simply doesn't ask which number which on some roads that are either divided or otherwise hard to reach sometimes I agree that knowing which end of a road to approach from matters a lot.

Enough waffle -
  • Is this behaviour normal for an RNS315 (DAB version)
  • Does the RNS510 behave in the same way
  • Should I ditch the unit in favour of a Kenwood DNX525 or DNX516
All steering wheel controls and the in 'speed' repeat of directions must remain functional I'm not overly fussed about the voice control, I will NOT install any nav system that uses Naviextras as a supplier (I have had Clarion, Pioneer and Zenec units and had trouble with updates on every single one - and the support sucks big time, the manufacturer say it is Naviextras problem, guess who Naviextras blame - even when I proved that it was the Naviextras code at fault - but that's another story) - I have never had any issue with Garmin based units.

We do not want a portable sat nav since although cheaper and better probably we find it a pain in the butt to keep putting in / taking out / carrying around etc etc (well she does I don't drive it often).

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login