Quick shift b5.5 (5 speed)

This Section is purely for HOW TO step by step guides , if you want to submit a thread please email admin or post it up and we will moderate it accordingly....these can be discussed in the other relevant forums . ALL THREADS WILL BE LOCKED

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mini_dub
Car of the Year 2012
Passat model: B5.5 est

Quick shift b5.5 (5 speed)

Post by mini_dub »

Right then usual stuff "this is a guide not the law on how to fit one so any damage injury caused when fitting tuff poo and it has nothing to do with me blar blar balr"
Right with that out the way I brought a quick shift off eBay for 25 pounds which claim to fit the b5.5 5-6 speed along with various audis! There are a few how to's on this but all are for the audi non I found for a passat
First start by removing your gear knob and gator by simply pulling it up at the center console
Once you have done that there will be a clip at the base of the knob to remove mine doesn't have one so no pictures of it
Next you need to remove the dust sheild by undoing 2 10mm nuts
Nest you need to remove the 1 shift rods by undoing 2 6mm Allen key bolts
The bottom one has a metal base with it
Next you need to undo the 4 10mm nuts that hole the shift cradle up
2 hide under the ash tray area
Once that's done you need to remove 4 tx25 screws these are quite awarkward to get out
2 at the back 2 at the front
Once that's done remove the entire shift mech
{()()]==AIR Car of the month October 2010, March 2012. Car of the year 2012 Image
My Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19734
my mk4 polo: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48182&p=372666#p372666

instagram: @mini_dub

This topic has 43 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login