New B5 V6 Syncro Owner - Glasgow

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Prism
B4
Passat model: B5 2.8 V6 4Mo

New B5 V6 Syncro Owner - Glasgow

Post by Prism »

Hi all,

Im Robert from Glasgow and work as a Professional Detailer (Swissvax trained and Dodo Juice authorised), and today i just collected a mint 1999 VW Passat (b5) 2.8 V6 Syncro. Not too much of a stranger to dubs as i have previously been into Golfs (in particular my mk3 GTI 16v). Since i have had a BMW E36 Touring and last year decided i wanted something fast....so i got a Saab 9-5 Hot Aero and remapped it to 280bhp 440lb. Well the Saab lasted all of 8 months, in that time went through 2 engines and a gearbox, spent a fortune and when the engine went last time i thought no more......time to go back to what i know....

When looking for a car i thought....I was something economical, so initially i thought VW Golf mk4 GT TDI, then that moved to a VW Golf GTI (180bhp) but the service history was fake, so put me off then thought Golf V6 4 motion and finally my father found my now current Passat b5 v6 Syncro.

Fantastic but as it is a 1999 plate with only 44k on the clock, confirmed via DVLA and all the service history, seems like they did 2-3k a year in it. The interior is mint and the exterior seems in good condition, nothing a good machine polish wont fix....

As for modification.....in time that may happen, this car has to be more practical than anything else, but may look to change the alloys in time and then ill take it from there.....

Anyway thats me....

Robert.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login