b4 - been hanging around, but no pics so. . .

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

humer
B1
Passat model: B4

b4 - been hanging around, but no pics so. . .

Post by humer »

i thought it was about time i put some up.

i have always messed with VW's served my time from 95 onwards, and have had most of the later ones, polos, golfs, corrados and now my first passat.

i am 30 and soon to be a dad, so had to get a sensible car to lug things around in. wife drives a newbeetle and you cannot get much in the boot on that thing!

i always mess with my cars, dont do standard!!!

bought this 96 passat 2.0GL, came with 12 months mot, 6 months tax off ebay. picked it up for a reasonably good price as well.

these are the only piuctures i have of the B4 and they are from the ebay advert.

that is how i bought it, o/s/f electrics inop, it said in the ad, thought i can sort that out, got it home, whipped the door trim off and no wiring loom at all in there! so sourced a loom and fitted it, then found the elec window reg had broken at the pivot point (the welds had broken) so i re-welded it and all sorted, except the elec window does not work on the switch, just the total closure!!! not had chance to look into this properly, but wont be much as it does work from key!!

driven it for around 2000 miles now and its a bit of a boring drive from my previous cars, so i have some coilovers sat waiting to be fitted and have been buying wheels for it.

picked up some 7.5x16 and 9x16 borbet A's for it (poo phone pic and also in the dark)

and also spotted these up for a good price so i went and bought these as well.

steffan cup 8's (14x8)

took one into work today to see how it looks on the car. (again poo phone pics!)

front

Rear

what do you think of the 14's, too small?? i know its like a 4x4 at the moment, but i havent got round to fitting the coilies yet.

all comments welcome.

Rick

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login