B5.5 ESTATE-Which rims? Ronal or Borbets????

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vdub1
still on the production line

B5.5 ESTATE-Which rims? Ronal or Borbets????

Post by vdub1 »

Hi all. Ive been away from the Passat life style for a while but following a brush with some exotica i missed the passat reliability and style so im back.

I moved on my beloved B5 at the back end of 2009. Nowt to fancy, just a big drop, everything chrome now satin black and steelies. :esm

So, just before christmas, i took ownership of a one owner, fsh, low mileage B5.5 Highline estate.

Now the plan was to stay standard but fell in love with a set of wheels from another ukpassats member and had to have them. With these in the bag, coilovers were ordered next. Now i had some on my last 'rat but couldnt remember with id bought as the drop was massive and the ride was super smooth yet only cost around £250. In the end after alot of internet research i opted for fk ak's. They look nothing like a standard looking coilover as they have stiffer but standard looking springs with adjustable platforms. The build quailty looks great and as only £200 ill give them a go and keep you posted. Pics up later today.

Im also planning to bin the 5.5 rear lights as ive always preferred the earlier one coloured units. Ive got some v6 all reds to fit so will get some pics up as i do that too.

Sorry for the text overload but will get some pics up later.
Last edited by vdub1 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 44 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login