My B5.5 130TDi Sport Wagon

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

markyboy
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

My B5.5 130TDi Sport Wagon

Post by markyboy »

Just picked this up this evening...

Probably paid a tiny bit more than I wanted to, but it's been well looked after. Slight ding in rear door, and wet dog smell that needs removing from the boot, but otherwise it's immaculate! It drives like a new car, and despite its 135k on the clock, did 60mpg on my 90 mile cruise home down the (roadworks laden) M6/M5 on my way home. Oh, and it sailed through its MOT this week, and has just had new discs and pads too, bonus!

It's a 51 plate 130bhp TDi 6spd Sport model. Everything standard so far, and to be fair, will remain mostly standard too. This is going to be a daily driver for me, and a bit of a workhorse. If I can find some 17" Largo's in good condition (had a look at some ropey ones today with shot tyres! No thanks!) with ok tyres, then I'll probably snap them up. Otherwise, will be taking advice on a remap (is it sensible on a 13 year old car with 135k on the clock?), and maybe lower it say 20mm and 312mm front brakes (brakes are noticably less sharp than my old B5 with 312's up front I had a few years ago), but that would be about it.

Oh, and hello again guys. Not been here for a while, as not owned a Passat for the last 3 years! Good to be back though...

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login