Air ride B2 - engine swap advice??

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

karmacarzi
still on the production line
Passat model: b2

Air ride B2 - engine swap advice??

Post by karmacarzi »

Hello people, just joined on here as I figure you guys and gals must be the right people to ask about puttng a 20v turbo into a B2 shape Passat.

Managed to save the 24,194 mile ol' girl from the scrapheap. When the ol' dear who owned it before was told she was no longer fit to drive she decided to weigh the car in at my mates scrapyard in Hastings. Ryan duely saved if from the crusher and flogged it to me for a monkey! Result.

Since this time last month I've stuck some air ride on the old nail and given her a good polish up and hoover out. Couldn't be happier with it to be honest, but feel the need for more power.

Has anyone ever tackled a 1.8T swap or Audi V6 swap into a car of this vintage? I'm trying to gather as much info as possible because the original engine and box seem strong and I think I'd be silly to mess about with something that's still got plenty of miles left in it.

Here's some snappage -

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login