More silly TDi questions...

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

VolksKid83
B2
Passat model: B3 GL, B5.5 2.0

More silly TDi questions...

Post by VolksKid83 »

So, i mentioned this a while back when sorting other problems, i then forgot, and realised this whilst sat on the M42 car park. My radiator fans don't work :-q

There is no power at the thermostat, the loom was all re-wrapped by the previous owner, but i have traced it to running back along the inner wing to the bulkhead and across. This loom branches off to what looks like a relay box below the expansion bottle?

I'm sure i checked the fuse before, but i didn't tonight, so i will again. I just want to get this up whilst i have access to photobucket.

The Haynes wiring diagram shows a simple live, through the fuse, to the thermostat, split off high temp and low temp straight to the fan motors. What is the relay for thats shown on the diagram as a secondary circuit to the fans?

Next up, going through my engine bay, the wirings not very neat, and these arn't connected to anything...

That last one is on an extremely long cable! It runs fine so i imagine they're not important, but still...

The car is a 91 B3 that was a 2.0 petrol, and has had a 1z from a B4 fitted.
Last edited by VolksKid83 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
03 B5.5 Passat 2.0 Wagon - Fathers
91 B3 Passat GL TDi Wagon -The Daily
91 Polo GT Coupe - Daily No.2
83 Polo Formel E Bready - The Waiting Project
81 Golf Cabby GLi - On the road project!
76 Triumph Stag - Home Weekend Car

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login