Bloody ice - on going saga continues :-( (B3 T'die)

From 16v to vr6- Add all the information in here....

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Zed.
B6
Passat model: B3 TDI Variant

Bloody ice - on going saga continues :-( (B3 T'die)

Post by Zed. »

last week I fitted a new (plastic!!) drivers door outer handle & lock as the original (metal) one had broken causing no access from outside :evil:
weather got cold lastnight so as the fun snapping the old handle when frozen was fresh in my memory I decided to wipe Vaseline on the drivers side door rubber seal thinggy to stop them sticking.......

06.30 this morning I happily went out to my somewhat frosty B3 believing that there was no cause for concern :oops:

first try of handle & nothing :neutral:

cleverly I tried again a bit harder....

& the B'stard handle snapped off :-o

it wasnt that hard, honest, OK maybe I used the strength of garth believing I was invincible :hyst

just ordered another handle (£10 on egay) to get the B3 looking correct B-)

BUT

it gets worse :0

drove halfway to work (15 miles travelled) & noticed that the heater's were worse than useless, quick check of the temp gauge & its on 110 degrees :roll:

stoped & checked under the bonnet to see the rad hoses are maybe twice their original size & hard due to pressure :-s
as the coolant system had a healthy dose of anti-freeze I can only guess that my recently fitted (GSF) waterpump has lost its impeller so not circulating

hopefully I'll get interested soon & have a look....

on the plus side, I've fitted tyres to the MIM 1900 7x15" (et15) rims ready for the B3 (wont fit legally on MK2 golf) & re-mot'd the golf with a few bulbs needing changing :ymapplause:

seems that I've been caught by the 'must get all B3's off the road' virus ~x(

Rich.
Last edited by Zed. on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich.
'89 B3 tdi'd wagon :twisted: '93 B3 tdi'd wagon :twisted: '87 mk2 Golf now AHU tdi/02a etc. converted. '95 B4 tdi wagon. '95 T4 (1Z t'Die converted. etc. ). '91 Landrover Discovery 200tdi 3door. '93 Landrover Discovery 200tdi 3door. '78 Chevette Hs rallycar project. '65 MG Midget. '91 Eunos Roadster 1600. ZAZ 966 :hyst

This topic has 26 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login