Someone please help me with this confusing problem

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

the_dubmeister
B7

Someone please help me with this confusing problem

Post by the_dubmeister »

I would like to say i'd try and cut this story short but its kinda hard not to.

Basically one night i parked the car up and went in the house when all of a sudden the alarm went off for whatever reason, i tried turning it off with they key fob and it would'nt work, i disconnected the alarm and battery not realising the alarm has a battery of its own to keep going off, Anyway after it finally stopped going off, i have now the problem of the electric windows do not work when i want them to, only intermittently i can start the car one time and they work and then 2 seconds after switching off and turn back on again and they stop alltogether, The interior lights in the centre and the two lights when putting the visors down also do not work now either, I've replaced the battery's in the keyfob and the central locking wont work either now

Been out in it again tonight while it was dark and on the passenger side electric window switch you can see the red glow behind the switch flickering on and off i've removed the alarm from the car alltogether so there is just a wire there where it was before disconnected now, however i am actually concerned as to how much these alarms actually control on the car as i would'nt have thought it would have anything to do with interior lights not switching on or electric windows not working surely?

Any help would be much appreciated i've checked all fuses and they all are fine.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login