Catalytic Sensor

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

kaz
still on the production line
Passat model: B7

Catalytic Sensor

Post by kaz »

Do anyone know abt the catalytic sensor? if passat has it, mine is 1.9 tdi 110 B5 97 R reg.

I have a wierd problem from months, have been to VW they said they dont know what it is, I recently had a clutch and flywheel changed and since then the car vibrates in idling but not in running. It seems like one of the parts underneath is shaking and touching the body, because when I increase the revs the vibration disappears, a slight increase in revs will make the vibration go off.

Even VW mechanics said they can feel it, checkd the engine mounts and said all fine, mechanic who did my clutch said it was flywheel wearing out, but now after he put the new flywheel, he saw the clutch was not too good and he put a new clutch again with the flywheel and also spiggot bearing (which I bought from VW)

But still I am having the same problem, went to many garrages (proper authorised VW garrages), they also said they can feel it but cant say what it is and one said use the fuel injector cleaner, i did it but didnt help.

The vibration doesnt come up in the mornings or when the engine is cold, it comes only when the engine is a bit hot, i explained to one of the garrages they said it might be the catalytic sensor and they didnt have the computer to check it and asked me to go to VW again, so back to square one now.

I dont know anything abt these sensors, can anyone PLS HELP if it has such sensor or is it an engine tuning thing??? or anything which anyone is aware of??

What i am thinking is it might be the exhaust getting loose or something happened to it.

PLS ADVICE

Ta in adv
2.0 Tdi B7
-------Back on Track-------