vacuum test HELP

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pachanga231
B5.5
Passat model: b5.5 tdi 130 PD

vacuum test HELP

Post by pachanga231 »

had this problem previously, on the motorway at about 70/80 mph the car lost power. after some messing it was all pointing to VNT vanes being clogged/stuck but on a whim i swapped the thrust sensor and bingo all was fine. prior to fitting the thrust sensor i also changed the n75 but it made no difference. so both of these sensors are newish.

last few weeks its been playing up again intermittently, only at high speeds though but this time its not POSITIVE BOOST but NEGATIVE BOOST it comes up with this fault;

1 Fault Found:
17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation
P1556 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

on the wiki the only thing left is the VNT vanes but before i get the the turbo removed i want to be sure that its the vanes. i do have vagcom but dont know how to properly test the actuator rod or do the graph thing etc etc. want to cancel out all possibilities :???:

could someone please help me out with this .

TIA
Last edited by pachanga231 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B5.5 Passat Sport 130PD 6speed (Upsoluted) - Xenons - Cruise Control - Phatbox - Chrome Mirrors - FK Coilovers - 312mm brake upgrade - Mirror Polished 18" Keskin KT1's - Badgeless Grille - Blue LED - Touareg Torch - More to come

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login