dead tdi turbo

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

jam69
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

dead tdi turbo

Post by jam69 »

Hi chaps

The turbo on my early 2002 tdi has failed, major up & down movement in the shaft... lost boost, massive oil cloud, emptied the engine of oil in about 100 yards... lucky enough.. so to speak.. to my front door.

What model's can I use to replace it? I just want to fit and forget rather than change manifolds or pipework or re-map.

It's a 100hp S spec ... I'm guessing an AVB engine? Will any other PD turbo unit fit from any other VAG/Skoda/Seat/Ford Galaxy etc as long as it's a 100hp model?

Also.. anyone breaking one of know of one? I've done all the classifieds including here.. ebay.. local breakers, and nothing so far.

I dont really want to buy off ebay and get a dud/wrong part, but would be happy using one off a forum member or a breaker/ebay someone has used before with positive results.

I dont want to fit a new one incase the engines bought it too... after toping up the oil yesterday to run it, it was initially quiet & smoke free, then started smoking again & instantly followed by what sounded to be a heavy diesel knock.. I killed it instantly (hand on the key) and then popped off the pipework and found the knackered shaft.

All ideas welcome.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login