Turbo boost below 1800rpm

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Sleggeauto
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Turbo boost below 1800rpm

Post by Sleggeauto »

First of all sorry for just writing about the problems my cars have. I will start posting different things soon :-)

I have a passat 2004 b5.5 1.9tdi 130hp 4 motion.
When i bought it, it was great. Boost started inceeasing rapidly at 1300rpm and it would shoot like a rocket from there. Unfortunatly the turbo started making a bad bearing noise and i had it replaced. After that however, the turbo wont kick in before 1800rpm. And since it went crazy at 1300 before... It is a dissapointment :-(
It isnt too slow from 1300 and upwards.. But u cant feel that it really kicks in before it passes the 1800 mark.

Also you can hear a little air woshing (could that before i swapped turbo as well) which i cant hear at all on my other passat (2000 mod, 1.9 tdi 115hp) vw dealer said that the 130hp was louder....
I dont know if this has anything to do with the issue, I just wanted to mention it.

Also the car has no error codes :-)

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login