Amazing car! Just drove across Europe and back

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Brind
B5.5
Passat model: '52 B5.5 SE AWX

Amazing car! Just drove across Europe and back

Post by Brind »

Drove from Hampshire to Dover then onto France, Germany, Austria, through Czech Republic to Poland which meant the engine was running continuously for 8 hours and 45 minutes on that leg, then back to Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and then back through France to catch the Ferry home.

All in all, 2,840 miles or there abouts. 50 plus to the gallon! Air con on most of the time as the heat alone in Czech was 41 degrees!
Sat with the cruise control on in Germany around 97MPH, occasionally 100MPH, a 110MPH a couple of times and once or twice a 120MPH which I wasn't keen on keeping up with as I wanted to ensure we got home again!

1.9TDI AWX engined saloon. 198,000 miles and running 2 stroke oil. I've had high performance cars in the past so wasn't expecting mega speed obviously, but she pulled VERY well around the 80 to a 110 mark brilliantly and sat well on the road for a floaty SE. Certainly keeping up with the traffic in Germany and pulling out into the outside lane almost whenever I wanted to. Hasn't been remapped to my knowledge and I am 99% sure it hasn't been.

Just amazing car.
Mark

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login