Stutter 130pd

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

T2000
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Estate TDI

Stutter 130pd

Post by T2000 »

Hi guys, need to pick your brains here, have had an intermittent stutter at low revs say under 1400rpm on and off for a while now and the occasional cut out at junctions, scanned it and there are no faults, I suspected a faulty loom and finally got around to changing it today as I had a couple spare (thanks Gizmo), a big thanks whoever came up with the hairdryer trick to soften the new one up, the old one fell to bits :0

Anyway the problem persists, have changed vac hoses recently, egr is disabled, recently serviced with filter change, check cam and all is good, doesn't smoke, starts on the button and goes like stink but it misses at low revs??

Checked MAF, checked MAP sensor still didn't affect it, pulled alternator plug and cleaned it.

I had a new battery last year and might check this, and the voltage etc.

I thought I could hear a slight hiss coming from below the plastic intercooler hose where there is a valve with 3 vac hoses on it, one of them is the EGR one which is blocked, the 3 pipes that clip on the back of the inter cooler hose, what is this valve and could a slight leak there cause an intermittent stutter?

The hiss could just be the air running through the intercooler hose I am not sure, I am at a loss now?

Any more tests/logs can be done with VCDS?

Cheers
Passat AVF 130 TDI Sport Wagon, DIY Remap 170-80/280-290, EGR delete (Gone to a better place)
Skoda Superb 130 TDI AWX Saloon, another sneaky remap 160-170/270-280, EGR delete, lots of goodies and an Umbrella! (Sold....What's next?)
Skoda Octavia Estate VRS 170 Limited Edition 168/500, DTUK CRDT around 210bhp/300lb ft, Autolights, S5 knob, Android HU.(sold)
08 BMW E91 M Sport 320D, 177BHP soon to be remapped. (POS never again, gone!)
2011 Subaru Outback Wagon, 150bhp/248lb ft, slow and steady. (DEAD)

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login