Rear window now fixed with a golf tee

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

iain67
B5.5
Passat model: B5.5 4mo + T5

Rear window now fixed with a golf tee

Post by iain67 »

Ever since i got my fwd sport the rear left window hasn't work so assuming it was the regulator bought a complete inner metal card with speaker from ebay. So today i pulled the door apart using the guide in the how too on rear door locks.

When it came to pushing the 2 plastic pieces through to release the window from the runner/regulator my problem now became apparent they weren't there, there was nothing to hold the window in the holder. So out the whole lot came anyway hoping to retrieve the missing parts from the bottom of the door, they just weren't there.

So looking at it i decided to try to tape a plastic golf tee up and trial fit it in the hole and then window, i put just enough tape on one end to stop it falling all the way through and the wire of the regulator will stop it coming out that way, result window works fine.
4 Motion 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Upper Brace, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes, 312mm Front Brakes
Fwd Sport 1.9 Tdi Estate T2000 Map, Eibach Pro Springs, Upper and Lower Braces, Xenons, Silicone Vac Pipes Gone But Not Forgotten.........

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login