Electrical issues

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

whiteboy12
Passat model: B5.5

Electrical issues

Post by whiteboy12 »

I got 2004 1.9 TDI 5-speed automatic gearbox 96 kW Passat. Lately when starting my car, the gearbox goes to limp/safe mode and it's stuck in 3rd gear. Sometimes shutting off ignition and restarting car helps but not lately. I ran VAG diagnostics and it showed N215 and N217 solenoid. I took my car to repair and they deleted these codes and then different codes came and car went to safe mode again. They said it's not mechanical problem. I got same problem last year and then wires going to transmission control unit were cleaned and soldered. I checked these wires and they seemed to be ok. I checked the wiring diagram and wires from transmission control unit goes to 16-pin connector located in ?valve body? Does anybody know if this connector can be reached somehow inside the car? In manual it requires that it's removed under the car.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login