Hottuning/Technix coilies Q!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

janski
B1
Passat model: B5.5 TDi wagon
Location: Ramsbottom....YES, it is a real place. North Mancunia.

Hottuning/Technix coilies Q!

Post by janski »

Bought these the other day of Hottunning, branded as Technix...

...they are for my B5, 2000, Passat TDi estate. I have never lowered an H20 vehicle of any kind i.e. nothing with coil overs at least and have a Haynes manual for the passat, BUT, what the hell are these...

....the aluminium 'top hat' things? One is sat between the springs. What are they, what do they do, where do they go?

The Haynes has nothing that resembles these, so obviously not standard.

Have tried searching on here, but the information is incomplete, i.e. no definative 'HOW TO' unless I'm missing something!!!!! If someone can point me in the direction..... :wink:

Also, no instructions with the kit to show these things.

And finally, do you reuse components from the original set up? If so, is it wise to re-new? What do you reuse etc?

Need to know all in advance as the passat is my daily and need to start the job with the knowledge that it will be finished at the end of the day.

Cheers in advance.

j :?:
Clicky below for BugNutz, North Manchester & area VW Klub website thingy.....
http://www.bugnutz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .........the award winning club!....;)

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login