What is this space for?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

oyster
B2
Passat model: b5.5 SALOON 2.0

What is this space for?

Post by oyster »

Hi all!
I bought a 2004 2.0 Passat saloon last week and have been learning some more about it. I pulled the covers off in the engine bay to see how many leaks/problems I could see.
So next to the steering fluid filler (green cap) there is an empty cradle that has two hose supports. AM I MISSING A VITAL PART? What should be in there?
I have read quite a bit about the passenger side damp floor; so I checked and the carpet under the front passenger seat is wet. The battey trough is dry and does not appear to have been flooded at any time.
However, when I pulled off the scuttle trough cover, I did wonder why the pollen filter was so easily visible. Note the cobwebs! There is no cover for it. Does anyone happen to have a spare? I suspect I will have to buy the whole box from VW!!
Any help greatly appreciated.
2004 B5.5 2.0 saloon blue
I want all the interior wood sections. A full stainless exhaust. A rear anti roll bar.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login