VCDS expert needed - TDI PD130 AVF Misfire at idle

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

rodnay
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 1.9TDI AVF

VCDS expert needed - TDI PD130 AVF Misfire at idle

Post by rodnay »

ok, my AVF B5.5 has some weird idle issue that sounds like it might be in just one of the cylinders.. and only sometimes more noticeable than other times
  • ive flushed the engine,
  • added forte to 10 litres of fuel to attempt a clean of the injectors
also, as the wiring looms tend to cause issues commonly on these, and the fact that my pd130 has done 102k, i thought id get those changed as a preventative maintenance at the least
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7163/dsc0134li.jpg

glow plugs.. im told these are only used at starting engine.. after the engine is running, glow plugs arnt used, and that combustion is caused by atomisation, is this true? i had always thought the fuel would still need to be ignited using glowplugs?
  • air box has been cleaned
  • egr ultrasonically cleaned, lubricated flap mechanism and reinstalled
  • planning on doing an injector purge, using the feed and return line from the fuel pump and using injector cleaner and cranking the car
ive had it on VCDS and it is not logging faults, was wondering if any gurus with the VCDS can shed some light on this in terms of how to go about checking injector values/tandem pump?

i know the injectors need to be set at particular angles, haynes manual has measurements listed to reference, so will be checking those later too, not sure if these will need changing yet..

may well be that new injector was put in a particular cylinder and not set up properly..maybe installed but not calibrated or something - do these need to be calibrated once installed? can this be done with VCDS?

thanks
ibby
Last edited by rodnay on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Key Programming | VCDS | Dimsport - MAPS BY SLT | Key Cutting

Need an SKC PIN? can pull most SKC's off most VAG vehicles up to 2017

WALSALL BASED

This topic has 44 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login