chip box

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

Miguel
B1
Passat model: B5 SE

chip box

Post by Miguel »

Hi guys, as i mentioned on my introduction thread, i bought a chip box for my Passat. It arrived today along with my KN replacement. Changed the filter and fitted the box. I thought as it only cost 80 quid it wouldn't make a lot of difference...

Well, how wrong was i... The difference was quite big, felt the car well lively, reving pretty free and felt quite quick! Didn't feel that much torque and there was no sign of smoke. Brought it back in and turned it up a little more, then... OMFG!! The car was going up the rev counter like a motorbike, no flat spots, where as before it would shout its way up to 3.5k and then slow down and litterally die down at just under 4.5, now it was hitting 5k and still pulling like a train! The torque difference was felt straight away just getting the car out of the drive! Up the road it just wants to spin... (ok, it was a bit wet but still spinning in 3rd!)

The only thing i'm not too sure about is the amount of smoke that comes out when i put my foot right down. It was always a bit smokey when pushed but now it's a proper wee take. It smokes a lot! :D Driving normally, it doesn't smoke until you turn in at 20mph in 3rd and don't let the torque drive you out, you push it and it will drop a thick cloud of black smoke.

Suspension has now become an urgent issue... As soon as my paypal limit is lifted, the first thing i'll be getting is a set of coilovers. Took a couple of pictures, but the car is filthy so i don't want to post them... :p

If you can't afford a proper remap, get one of these. They do work!

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login