Engine noise and soundproofing.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dvhttn
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 PD130 Sport

Engine noise and soundproofing.

Post by dvhttn »

Right, 2 queries in the same post, which is usually a recipe for getting neither answered on the old interweb, but they are vaguely related so here goes.

Tractor noises .... noticed recently that the engine seems to be sounding more like a 'tractor'. (It's a PD130 Estate). Now I know it's a diesel but it seems to be sounding more like a tractor than normal, rather than a car, if you know what I mean. Any particular reason for something like that? Only thing I can think of is that I'm only doing short journeys these days and it's a bit clogged (though serviced at the right times etc). Or am I imagining it .... :shock: ?

Soundproofing: told you it was related ..... I'm thinking of soundproofing the car (under the carpet, boot, doors, etc) and wondered if anyone had done this and could recommend any products? I've seen at least one product in the build section (I forget whose thread) and there are plenty of web sites that sell the stuff, but was after products that actually work. Ideas?

Ta
-----
Dave
Carpe diem ....

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login