Quick disc and pad recomendations...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chriswilliams
B3
Passat model: b5

Quick disc and pad recomendations...

Post by chriswilliams »

I think its time for me to pay some attention to the brakes on my b5 wagon, they are a bit spongy and not too hot at slowing me down now I'm on bigger wheels.
I have noticed previously the front discs looked a bit worn but pads are good, but may as well do both while the wheels off.
I have ordered soem new hoses from HEl performance and will replace the brake fluid as I have no idea when/if this was done before.
I have looked into the 312 option, still debating tbh as I dont drive fast or enthusiasticly in the wagon and brake fade is not a concern it's just when I do need to slam the anchors on due to some one pulling out on me it would be nice to feel some braking force, its that bad the abs almost does not need to kick in I have to really plant the pedal to trigger the abs a little.

So in addition to the hoses and fluid I am looking into new 288mm discs and pads, mintex, ebc, brembo, padget? What is the preffered choice for pretty standard brakes?

Thanks

Chris

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login