About to install air in a b5.5.....any pointers?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

dick dasterdley
B1
Passat model: B5

About to install air in a b5.5.....any pointers?

Post by dick dasterdley »

Hi Guys, I've just bought a 2002 tdi estate for daily duties and I'm looking to put air on it.....

I bought the VIP kit from www.airride-system.pl and I'm just planning the install at the mo (sorting all bits like wiring and doing a minor redesign of the system) and I'm just wondering if anyone's got any tips, tricks or advice?

My main questions are concerning wiring and routing of the hoses.....

Can I take the switched live for the comp and valves from the reverse lights in the boot or do I need to run it from the fuse box? Obviously I'll be taking the main feed from the battery...I was going to use 10awg cable for the main feed- is this too much or will it be ok?

Also , regarding the hoses, where has everyone else run their hoses? Inside the car and out through the bulkhead or underneath the car? Has anyone got pics of the bag installations?

To be honest, any pointers will be gratefully received- I'm fairly sure I can do it safely, but it's my first air install and I want to make sure I do it right.....thanks in advance! :esm

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login