Ruville cam belt kit and Airtex water pump

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mabbo
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 Sport Estate

Ruville cam belt kit and Airtex water pump

Post by mabbo »

Hello,

My B5 AFN Passat is due a cam belt change and has started leaking water, so I have decided to fit a new cam belt kit, water pump and radiator.

I ordered the parts from GSF and asked for the best quality parts they have. When they arrived I received a Ruville cam belt kit. I was a little concerned as I had not come across Ruville, but there was a Dayco belt (made in Italy) inside the box which I was pleased about, but the tensioner says 'Made in Canada' and looks like the brand is Litens, the guide wheel (?) is marked INA Slovakia.

The water pump is Airtex, again I have never heard of these. It has a metal impellar and was the most expensive pump available. Are they good? Im aware Circoli are rubbish and SKF are supposed to be good but I couldn't find one anywhere. Anyone have any experience with Airtex pumps?

Should I send any of this lot back and find better parts? I dont want anything failing early.

Cheers

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login