B5 Door lock lhd fit rhd?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

K2edg
B1
Passat model: B5 TDI

B5 Door lock lhd fit rhd?

Post by K2edg »

Hi all.

First of sorry if this has been covered before, i did do a search but couldn't find what i was looking for.

The problem i have have is my passenger door only unlocks one in five times with the central locking (opening by key via the drivers door or boot), it's not a big issue as it unlocks fine with the passenger side key or by pulling the inside handle.

Today i decided to have a look at it and maybe clean the micro switches etc but found some one had replaces the original unit with a cheap Chinese knock off part of fairly crummy quality, so i decided to buy a new lock...... only problem short of either second hand original part or genuine main dealer part (at main dealer prices) i've found virtually every named make seems to be for LHD.

So i thought i'd ask if the left hand lock in a LHD euro spec car will work in a RHD UK car? i checked the part number and that is different which set alarm bells off but from the pictures they look identical? (even down to both having 8 pins in the plug)

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login