Drivers seat belt jamming

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

cgross
Passat model: B7

Drivers seat belt jamming

Post by cgross »

Hi All, the drivers seat belt on my 2014 Passat has jammed so that I can’t extend it. It has happened in the past and has always resolved itself once the car has been moved or left to cool down. But this time, it is firmly stuck. I have taken the B pillar trim off and can extent the belt by turning the wound up spool of belt with my fingers, but pulling on the belt just jams it. I assume the locking mechanism is causing the issue.

So I have several questions, I have read on this forum, and in other places, that you can take the belt out and clean the mechanism and dirt can cause issues. Is this possible?

If I in fact need to replace the belt (if I can get one!), I assume it is just a case of undoing the bolts and disconnecting the cable, swapping the belt out and doing everything back up to the correct torque.

Help appreciated, thanks.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login