B7 2.0Tdi Bluemotion Estate

VW have now released there NEW passat range. Please add any technical know how or info into here. NO FOR SALE/PARTS/TALK here..

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

A13XDB
B1
Passat model: B6 SEL 170PS DSG

B7 2.0Tdi Bluemotion Estate

Post by A13XDB »

I posted this a couple of weeks ago.

I have one of these today as a loan car.

It is very nice.

With all the extras now added as standard on the vehicle it is very similar to my SEL however not quite got the get up and go my 170 has.

It's like sex with a girl friends "Hot Mum"
All very familiar but a little more refined and more mature.
:D

It drove like a new B6, all a little sharper and tighter.

Somethings like additional sound deadening has been fitted, doors close with more of a thud.
New build quality was very good.
The styling and exeternal looks suits the model and is a stunner in the looks department.

Dislikes.

Cannot see the whole of the clockface mounted in thecentre of the dash, this would annoy me over time.
Auto dimming drivers rear view mirror, I am not a fan of the centre rear view auto dim. You can switch it off but whats the point. I do like to see what is behind me.

Internal lights.

Dash, and other illuminations with the radio fitted are white, red, blue and yellow.
My B6 SEL has red, blue and yellow this I find is enough.

Steering wheel.

Controls on the wheel are easy to touch and change whilst manouvering the car. Not unique to the Passat as the same is fitted to the new Golf.

This model was a bit gutless. On kickdown there was a lot of noise from under the bonnet but no go.
I splashed it with £10 quids worth of diesel and did 50 miles on this amount.
Admittadly I did use kickdown, Sport setting and manual select to see how it performed which must have burnt the fuel so quickly.
However letting cruise control do its job at 60mph it returned 50mpg on the computer, about the same as my SEL 170.

It was a very nice experienece. Did having for the day compell me to rush out and change my B6, No.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login